Wednesday, December 7, 2011

People Say

People say that it's a sin-
Give him up, you can't win-
But they don't know what we know,
So we'll see how far we can go.

God has a plan that they can't see;
A perfect plan for you and me-
But...they say, God will not bless-
Judging me, they just don't see;
How all this depresses me.

How can love be a sin-
An affair between soul mates?
My heart, seeking truth, waits-
And finds the answer deep within-
Not just soul mates-
You're my Twin!

And so we compromise, somewhat sadly,
Knowing what we want so badly
May not be for quite some time,
And our love has no reason or rhyme.
No logic at all, and yet it's real,
Worth protecting with our zeal.

People say-
But I won't listen-
Un-shed tears in your eyes glisten;
In my heart I hold you near,
And take away your every fear.

People say-
Oh, go away!
Can't you see?
Oh, let us be.

If our love's a sin-
Let God decide-
The love of Twins,
We just can't hide;
And God will teach us to abide.

April 24 at 11:58pm 

No comments:

Post a Comment