Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Shadow on the Internet

Hidden deep in your heart,
You try to protect me,
Knowing the judgment of others,
While I, exuberantly, impulsively-
No doubt goaded by my ADD-
Want to shout it to the world-
Want to break free of the shadows,
Admit openly, I'm your girl!

But, I can't, though I feel like ranting,
I must be still, calm my wanting
And remember my role in this play-
For reality will not go away-
And there are other actors, behind the scenes,
Interfering with our Gemini Dreams;
People who can't understand,
Won't let us be-
Accusing us of fantasy.

And yet, we know our love is real,
For the tearing talons we often feel
As the bird of prey tears us apart-
Leaving us with bleeding hearts-
Taunted by time zones and far away seas,
Plagued by broken technologies-
This is the harsh reality we face,
In this Long-distance lovers' race.

Hoping for a moment on Skype,
For sometimes, it's just too hard to type-
The gentle, tender nuances in our feelings,
Sometimes set our senses reeling-
And that takes voice, to make it real-
Texting loses sex appeal-
For a while, the world falls behind,
I am yours, and you are mine-
Wrapped in our private reality,
That some scorn as naught but fantasy.

May 11 at 9:05am 

No comments:

Post a Comment