Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Going the Distance

Some say it's only fantasy, nothing real,
But my lonely heart aches, like it won't heal;
Then the Skype alert pops up again, such fun,
And the love in his voice tells me I'm the One.

My soul mate calls from across the sea,
And tells me he's been missing me;
He says I really make his day,
We chat and flirt and laugh and play.

All too soon, he says, I must go,
Back to work-
I say, I know.
I love you honey, have a good day.
I love you, too. Chat later, goodbye.

It's getting harder, every day,
To hang up the phone, and go our way,
Back to the separate lives we live-
Knowing this is all we can give.

We have a long, hard road ahead,
With lonely nights, and tears in bed,
Longing for each other's touch,
Feeling sometimes, it's too much.

But this is the price we have to pay,
Going the distance in this way,
We never knew a love so rare,
Would be so difficult to bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment