Wednesday, December 7, 2011

In Quiet Moments


You are working, I am home
Busy writing, all alone,
Skype alert shows your name,
My heart burns, love aflame.

I answer your ring, as soon I can,
Headphones on, I greet my man--
How are you honey? Working hard?

Been flat out, but now on break,
Something to eat, and my head aches.

I'm having a Coke, and eating too,
On the same wavelength again with you;
Have a rest, honey, and I will, too.

He puts the car seat back for a snooze,
After he reads the Daily News,
In my mind, I climb on his lap,
Cuddle up, and take a nap.

Words between us now are few,
Quiet sounds of "I love you."
My heart's with his, breathing slow,
He suddenly wakes, says I must go,
Back to work--
I say, I know--

I'll ring again later, bye for now.

Have a good day, honey,

Hang up the phone--
I can't, I hate to leave you alone.

It gets harder each time to say goodbye,
And there are times we almost cry,
Just one more minute, or maybe five,
And we go back to separate lives.

August 20 at 6:19am 

No comments:

Post a Comment