Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Gift of Separation

Lavish your love on me from afar,
You know in your heart, we're not really apart,
But space is needed now, between you and me,
Before we can become a reality.

This pushme-pullyou game takes its toll,
And often wounds our heart and soul,
Too often now, we spoke in anger,
Misunderstood text a present danger.

Time away from chat will be good,
A time to ponder things now understood,
Creative space to play and pray,
Guarded by Angels, night and day--
They'll help us on our path to stay.

I miss you already, this is true,
My energy continues to blend with you, 
But we need time to think this through,
To heal the issues between me and you,
And even some wounds hidden from view.

This time and space for you is my gift
Please let it not widen the rift,
My love for you is ever true,
And soon I will be back with you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment