Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Bye for Now

Sometimes I miss you more than I can say, but not today,
That burning, yearning feeling is going away,
The ache in my throat from un-shed tears, can wait another day,
I seem to be detaching from my addiction to you,
At one time, that idea would have made me blue.

Detaching, so I've been told, is the only way that we can grow,
And, if I may be so bold, it's the only way that we will know,
If we really want to be, friends and lovers, you and me,
Time away from chat is good, too much between us was misunderstood,
I was frustrated, angry and sad, and all my clinging was driving you mad. 

So I'll stay away a while, sending you messages in my poems,
Leaving your heart a wistful smile, loving you, missing home,
Focused on you, for a time, long enough to write this rhyme,
Then back to my room , my lonely vow--
 See you soon, bye for now.






No comments:

Post a Comment