Thursday, June 7, 2012

If I Die Tomorrow

If I die tomorrow, or ascend, would you miss me, my lover, my friend,
Would you regret we never had a chance to meet, to dance, or develop our romance
Or curse the gods that kept us apart right to the end?

Would you cry, or mourn for me, or be happy to be free,
Then classify me as just a fantasy, soon to be just a memory,
Of a woman from across the sea, whose only plea was, just love me?

When it's too late to say the words, will sorrow pierce your heart like swords,
If, in your grieving, you can hear softly whispered words from another sphere,
I would tell you in your heart, I never wanted us to be apart,
Never was your choice, never mine, fear kept you from me, until we ran out of time.

And yet, I understand, my dear, the choices difficult to bear, you made for living in your zone,
Leaving me heartbroken and alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment