Saturday, October 5, 2013

Torn Between Two Worlds

You call me your Aussie-American girl,
And I'm straddling between two worlds,
Burning the candle at both ends,
Knowing we're more than just casual friends.

Sometimes, our two worlds clash,
Thunder rolls, and lightning strikes flash,
Storm clouds burst, tears fall like rain,
We chat, and soon the sun shines again.

You have your world, I have mine,
Sometimes, we can't be together online,
This long-distance love affair takes its toll,
I wonder sometimes, what is our goal.

Chat can be a double-edged sword,
Sometimes causes misunderstood words,
Cute emoticons show how we feel,
But Skype and video makes it more real.

Lonely nights, blindly staring at ceilings,
Thoughts of you sending my senses reeling,
Being with you, the only cure,
But time zones can't always make that sure.

You are often tired, I am too,
Sometimes, forced, hard things to do,
Sleep is often the sacrifice,
Living and loving, our double-edged life.

By AstrandaLynn~~~Copyright 2013~~~






No comments:

Post a Comment