Sunday, September 1, 2013

Dark Night of the Soul

Drowning, I feel the ocean's roll,
Waves crashing over me, leaving me,
Broken, bleeding, needing rescue,
I feel so far away from You.

Abandoned to my own devices, vices,
Doubts and fears, taking toll,
Over the years, ocean's roll,
Drowning me, salty tears.

Where is the LOVE when I need You,
Where is my Heart, so far apart,
The world is too much, distance too far,
I'm losing hope, A distant Star.

I see the wreckage of my boat,
No longer afloat,
Life's dreams, screams, all that I see...
Self-destruction of ME.

Can I rise, see the skies of HOME,
So far away, no longer roam,
Do I have the will, my EGO to kill,
Or is there a gentler way, a brighter day?

Can I let go of the flotsam here below,
The wreckage tangling me, drowning me,
Preventing ME from ever BEing FREE...
Can I let go, and LET US BE?

1 comment: