Friday, March 22, 2013

Venting as I Leave

We traveled together, three years online,
But the path led to tears, time after time,
I know on some level you loved me, just not enough,
Your life was always more important, busy with stuff,
So I settled for whatever you could spare,
Which often seemed very unfair.

You gave me impressions that you were free,
Maybe because you wanted to be,
But when I invited you to come to me,
You said, I'm married, with a family.

We were passionate playmates on chat and Skype,
But then the next day, it all seemed trite,
You were suddenly cold, distant to me,
And that confused me, caused us to fight.

Time after time, we got caught in a loop,
Hot days of passion, guilt, then no contact,
Cold nights of tears, you turning your back,
To get your attention, I was jumping through hoops.

Was it all part of being your Twin,
Or was I being punished, loving you, a sin,
So many times, my heart broke,
And it all seemed like a Cosmic Joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment